November 2, 2013

Bali Bagus - Bagus! Good!


When I asked my Indonesian classmate where to go for authentic and good Indonesian food, she was pretty vague which also meant none.
So, I decided to try Bali Bagus. I must say I was pretty happy with the food here although Itend to get a bit thirsty after each lunch (could be the seasoning they use). 

So far I have tried most of the grilled dishes and the key ingredient for me is the sambal. It's really spicy and works really well with kicap manis (sweet dark sauce). The ikan bakar aka grilled fish was cooked just right as the flesh is soft and flaky. They use barramundi which is a bonus for me as I like this type of fish. It can be quite a challenge eating a whole fish but it's worth the work.

I would pick this restaurant over es teler anytime. 

85, Franklin Street, Melbourne,  Victoria,  Australia. 

Tel: (03) 9662 1474


No comments:

Post a Comment