October 31, 2013

Ms Chu - Ah...choo!!! Excuse me..

My 1st visit - not bad. Had pretty good dishes to share. 2nd visit? A bit disappointing.  I ordered the vermicelli salad with chilli tiger prawns ($15) and a cucumber lychee coconut ice ($7). The flavours were good with a punchy sweet sour saltiness sauce that gave the dish life. Prawns were perfectly marinated and cooked. Vermicelli, however, was a tad too soft which I thought was overcooked.  When I requested the server to convey this message to the kitchen and asked for them to try the doneness of the vermicelli, the chef did not even budge. Well, minus points for not taking a customer's feedback seriously.  The overcooked vermicelli sought of spoilt the overall rating of the dish. Thumbs down.
Unfortunately for my friend, her beef pho ($15) had the flavours of a typical pho but lacked punch.
The only good thing about this meal was the drinks.  My cucumber lychee and coconut ice blend was refreshing, so was my friend's pineapple mint and coconut ice blend.
I'd love to give this place another try but if only I didn't mind being disappointed again. Go to a traditional Vietnamese pho restaurant if you want good pho.
All said, try this place for drinks and share dishes which were pretty good 1st time. This place is a hit or miss.

297, Exhibition street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment