October 16, 2013

Bowery to Wiiliamsburg - Not the typical sandwich

I have been curious about the hype behind Bowery to Williamsburg, a little cafe in a lane. As I had a brunch date, I took the opportunity to try this hidden gem.
When we walked along Oliver lane, my friend asked if I was selling her to a dodgy syndicate...duh!
We found the cafe. The interior was pretty with a communal table that filled at lunch time.
We ordered the reuben and the sausage & chorizo which was on the specials board. We exchanged half for half. Oh, we ordered the set which came with pretzels, a gherkin and a side. We picked mac n cheese and tabouleh. Set is $16.50. Sandwich only is $12.50.

I was sold. The reuben was tasty with just the right amount of sauerkraut and cheese in between rye sourdough slices. It was moist, with the perfect balance of salty, sour and cheesy.
The sausage and chorizo was delicious with the tomato base. Packs a punch with melted cheese on top. These were in between a mini baguette.
Coffee was good and I would go back. Yes. Definitely.

Bowery to Williamsburg
16, Oliver lane
Melbourne 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment