October 22, 2013

Sheni's Curries - So good I went 2 days in a row

On a search for good Indian food in the city, I came across Sheni's Curry. Although the address says Collins street, the entrance to the little shop is from Russell street (directly opposite the carpark entrance to Grand Hyatt Melbourne).
Ordered the Sri Lankan special - red rice, fish pickle curry, jackfruit curry, green salad, dhal curry, chutney, chilli and poppadom.  I fell in love with this dish from the first mouthful.  Just the right amount of spices, just enough heat to make me look forward to the next mouthful.
This dish reminds me of a local rice salad dish I love back in Malaysia called nasi kerabu.
The next day, I had coconut milk rice with lamb curry which was also on special.  The consistency of the rice was pudding-like. Was different but delicious. Goes very well with the lamb curry.
This joint is gonna be my regular haunt...

161 Collins street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia

(Enter from Russell street)

Biz hours: 11am to 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment