October 19, 2013

Izakaya Hachibeh - feels like I'm in Japan

I'm starting to feel I'm addicted to this restaurant.  Tonight, it was a feast for 3.  Fried soba noodles was tasty with bits of beef slices, cabbage and capsicums. Grilled eggplant with special miso sauce was done to perfection. Grilled sanma had a strong fishy smell when it was set on the table but once we squeezed the lemon juice on, it was delicious. 
The nabeyaki udon with chicken, 1 prawn tempura, sliced fish cakes tasted exactly like the ones in the land of the rising sun. Sashimi platter - 1 word, fresh. Highlight of the meal for me was  the beef tataki. Lightly grilled and complemented with a special soy sauce. Meat was tender loving good.
We also had a mio sake which tasted like a fruity sparkling wine. The hokkaido beer is perfect as it is light so I don't feel too full compared to a dark ale. Awesome!

143-145, Bourke street, Melbourne 3000

Victoria, Australia. 

Tel: 03 90789909


No comments:

Post a Comment